Wednesday 16 March 2011

Rant 747 / Fcking Boeings, How Do They Work?











Watched the final episodes of Lost just now. Turned out that the last 2 episodes (the finale was split into 2 episodes) were labelled incorrectly. So I watched part 2 before I realized I found out the one labelled "part 2" was actually "part 1". It was a little confusing in the beginning but all it did was make it a little disjointed, nothing that would have gotten me lost. Still, I sadden.







This pair of earphone (DF H214) does have its shortcomings. Well, shortcoming. The wire hook isn't as ergonomic as it should be, so after wearing it for several hours, I felt an ache on one tiny spot at the back of one ear.

In other words, it's almost perfect... for its price.








Now that I've played for a longer period of time, I can see certain things to complain about in Dragon Age 2.

1) Bethany's fingers are monstrous!! During one conversation scene while completing her quests, she raised her hand onto her head. That's when I saw those dark and unnaturally long fingers.

2) Certain enemies are hard to point at during battle, even during a pause. For example, an early monster that's giving me problems is the Ghoul, the dark purple slime-thing sometimes accompanied by Abominations. When it bends forward while moving, somehow my cursor doesn't highlight it when I point at its body. It doesn't kill me or anything because I can highlight it eventually through trial and error, but it can get annoying during battles involving these creatures.

3) Edges of clothing and armour entering the body. Whenever one of those heavily armoured people like the templars or guardsmen raise their arms, their shoulder armour pierces into their body due to crappy graphics.

But it's not all bad. Battles got much easier now that I have that speed buff from Bethany and the threat-reduction skill from my protagonist to save Bethany with.

Unfortunately, it appears to be inadvisable to be a Rogue at this point because I have 2 other Rogues that I really wouldn't mind being in my current party. Then again, I also have 2 mages that I can choose from, except I'm not picking Anders because the only way to get into his good books seems to be the same way that leads to his bed. Not doing it.








When SM Goh said the government was planning to reduce dependency on foreign workers, I felt it was bad news for Singaporeans. On the other hand, Singaporeans seem to feel either of the following:

- it's good news. "Foreign talents" (FT) take all our jobs and get treated better than locals.
- it's bullshit. He's saying this only because the elections are coming. They're not going to do it.

I'm not sure it's a good thing if they actually do it, because there are a few types of FTs in Singapore.

1) The sort that actually fills the jobs that no locals want to do, like shitty construction jobs.
2) The sort that's highly qualified, taking well-paying positions in companies and corporations.

Nowhere did SM Goh specify which type the government is going to get rid of, and I do not believe he's talking about the second one because that would not be profitable at all. These guy pay lots of taxes every year and whenever they spend money, they get no subsidies.

It's obvious where this line of reasoning leads to.

I have no idea why anyone would be happy about this news.

Besides, when he said, "...the government is determined to reduce the dependency on foreign labour and raise the productivity and incomes of Singaporeans" I have this picture in my mind that raising productivity means encouraging OT and even longer working hours or worse... bringing back the half-day on Saturdays.

Which is necessary I guess. If you really don't want to rely on others, someone's got to do the work, y'know? The dislike for "tiongs" (Chinese mainlanders) makes no sense from a pragmatic point of view. These guys and their fellow countrymen keep prices for everything lower than what they should be. They work for crap pay here so that the stuff we buy and the services we pay for are cheaper than what it would have been if we had hired Malaysians or just Singaporeans.

Imagine if we had no foreign workers. Sure, we wouldn't have this ugly image of the Chinese, but holy crap, we'd be just another Southeast Asian island since we can't afford the expensive things that are expensive only because we refuse to employ cheaper labour.

Disliking foreigners is pointless. If we're to be wealthy, if you want more money, you're going to need others to do some of the work for you.

I'm not saying those haters are stupid.

I'm just implying it.

We need foreign workers, whether the locals like it or not.

To be honest, we're fucked either way, so we might as well take the one that leads to more money. Maybe we can make enough to GTFO before everything goes to hell.




Typed the above because I've been visiting EDMW at HWZ. Man, the anti-PAP sentiments are just so overwhelming. Those guys are pretty amazing. I'm sure some of them are trolls because all they do is try to twist everything to make the PAP look bad. But a number of the others appear to be real government-haters.

Or maybe I'm just gullible and susceptible to trolling techniques.

I gave up on reasoning with them after a few threads. Yes I know that was stupid, but no harm trying, right?


Sometimes, I feel like all they can see is what is right in front of them. Other times, I remember that these guys are so spoilt they'll never be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment